Friday, March 21, 2008
Hystoerogram's SUCK
Yesterday (Thursday) I went in to get my Hystoerogram or HSG, at 2:30pm. After 3 times yes you read that right three times they were finally able to get my uterus to fill with water so they could get the pictures they needed. The first time they tried to use the medium catheter, but it wouldn't go in. So they went to the small size, It went in, with the normal amount of "pressure" but let me tell you it isn't pressure that you feel. At least it wasn't to me. Well after she got that in and they put the ultrasound probe in it kinked the catheter, so she spent 10 minutes trying to un-kink it, so she wouldn't have to start all over. Finally she just took it out apologized about 3 times and then started again. (Too bad she didn't just do that once it kinked, it would have saved her time and frustration, and me pain. yes note i didn't say pressure) Thankfully it didn't kink this time and everything was done in a short amount of time. After this I was having A LOT of cramping, I was really glad when they offered me some extra strength Tylenol. I needed it, I even took some Ibuprofen about an hour before. I called Andre and he and Mason left the Mall, or Wal-mart, or where ever they were and came to get me. Needless to say I hope i don't have to go through that again ever, but if i do, I hope its not for a VERY VERY long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ouch! Sorry it wasn't fun. Mine was awful too, although not as long as it sounds like yours was. :(
Post a Comment