Sunday, June 01, 2008

Fertilization: Day Two and Day Three

I didn't do an update yesterday about the fertilization, so, as of yesterday morning (day two) all 20 fertilized eggs were still growing: nine were at the four-cell stage and 11 were at the two-cell stage. Here are some pics of what they would look like:

Two-cell Stage


Four-cell Stage



As of this morning (day three) we have nine at the eight-cell stage, three at the six-cell stage, and eight at the four-cell stage. John (the embryologist) did mention though that he had looked at them earlier in the morning so he wouldn't be surprised if the eight at four-cell would be at six-cell by early afternoon. Here are some pics of the eight and six-cell stages:

Six-cell Stage


Eight-cell Stage

(You can only see 7 out of the 8 in this pic)

The transfer is on Tuesday at 10:15 am. =)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I was thinking about you guys this morning - I hope it went well!