Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bruises and Bets

We made another wonderful trip to Webster, Texas this morning. With so many early mornings, Mason has started getting up on his own shortly after 6 am. Mason and I walked around Wal-Mart while Jen had another ultrasound and more blood tests. The retrieval will be this Thursday, which means that at 6:30 pm I had to stab her with a 3-inch long needle to make those follicles release the eggs. I held the needle about two inches above Jen for at least 10 seconds working up the courage to stick her with it. With all of the other injections Jen has to do, we decided to take a picture. Please keep in mind it has looked worse and this picture does not show her thighs, which are also bruised.

On the way home from the IVF office we wrote down some guesses as to how many eggs, fertilizations, babies, etc. each of us thought we'd get. The estimates are summarized below. Afterwards, we'll see who was the closest. Anyone else want to weigh in?

#AndreJenMason
Eggs Retrieved182130
Eggs Fertilized81220
Embryos Transferred334
Embryos Left to be Frozen0616
Resulting Babies122

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Should have had a pool going for these brackets! I would have voted but I was way behind in my blog reading!
Stacia