Friday, May 30, 2008

Eggs and Vaginal Rings

Today I had my randomization appointment. This is where I am "randomly"assigned with either the progesteron vaginal ring or vaginal gel. I was hoping for the ring and sure enough that's what I got. Something about only doing it once a week instead of daily really got me hooked! We had to be down there at 7:45 am. I got to the office they drew my blood, took my vitals, and then took me back to the exam room. Lucky for me I got to have my favorite nurse Serena there. She is so nice. They asked me for my birthday, not exactly sure why, Andre says he thinks its so they know I'm who I say I am (but Serena knows me. lol I think it's procedure) Oh and while driving down we were waiting for John the embryologist to call and tell us how many of our eggs have been fertilized. He said he would call around 7 am. He didn't. We will get back to that part soon ;) (gotta love the suspense). They came back in the room and turned on a video about the vaginal ring. The video mostly said how to insert the ring, take it out, clean it, where to dispose of it (though I don't do the disposal work. We have to take it back in for the clinic to dispose of it since it's technically a biohazard). Then they came back in, gave me the rings, went over the basics, then left to have me put it in. Once it was in they had to do an internal exam to make sure I put it in correctly. They then gave me a new "notebook" and a new calendar. Then I was able to leave.

Right after they came in the first time John (the embryologist) called and told me that out of the 23 eggs we had that 20 had fertilized. "Wow that's good," I said. His response was, "No, that's great!" Then there was some friendly banter between Serena and John with me being the messenger, since I was on the phone after all. When I told Andre he couldn't believe that 20 had fertilized either. crazy! So Mason hit that one on the nose! Our transfer date is June 3rd, so next Tuesday. Yeah!!!!

Here are the results so far (we took the resulting number and subtracted the guess, so whoever is closest to zero wins). As you can see, Mason is winning so far!


#ActualAndreJenMason
Eggs Retrieved23-5-2+7
Eggs Fertilized20-12-8<0>
Embryos Transferred----
Embryos Left to be Frozen----
Resulting Babies----
TotalN/A-17-10+7

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

20 embryos, yay! I'm so glad Mason is winning since his guesses were highest. :) Way to go, Mason!